Steps to Becoming a Foster Parent
What are the steps to becoming an On The Path foster parent?
- Attend an orientation with On The Path Staff. Schedule a one-on-one interview so we can get to know each other and share with you the On The Path difference and our philosophy.
- Complete an application and begin paperwork after you have participated in the orientation.
- Complete the legal requirements such as background checks and fingerprinting.
- Attend IMPACT Training. This is a required training that is designed to prepare you for the demands of foster care.
- Complete a home study course.
- Be excited to open your home to a young person to have a safe loving home to heal and continue their childhood!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Interested in Becoming a Foster Parent?
Children come into foster care every day, and our Foster Care Program is looking for everyday folks like you to be Foster Parents! We need you to provide a loving home for the children of Middle Georgia.